Red Potato | Laal Aaloo
- Red Potatoes are nutrient-dense, non-fattening and have reasonable amount of calories. Include them in your regular meals so that the body receives a good supply of carbohydrates, dietary fibers and essential minerals such as copper, magnesium, and iron. In India, potatoes are probably the second-most consumed vegetables after onions.
- Consumption of potatoes helps to maintain the blood glucose level and keeps the brain alert and active.
- Red Potatoes should be included in the diet of those having mouth ulcers. As they are easy to digest, they are good for patients.
- People who are diagnosed with kidney stones or heart disorders can include potatoes in their diet as they are light on the stomach.
- Apart from containing useful minerals such as potassium, iron, copper and magnesium, potatoes are also full of phytochemical antioxidants such as flavonoids, Vitamin B and folate.